SMS Backup & Restore app by SyncTech Pty Ltd is a android based app which helps to backup your android mobile phone, phone contacts, SMS, MMS, Call logs, apps and photos from your android device. After restoring your device from the SMS Backup & Restore app you will get all back your contacts, SMS, MMS, Call logs, apps and other data you have stored in your mobile phone to the same mobile.
- Backup of SMS (text), MMS and call logs in XML format.
- Local device backup with auto upload options to Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive.
- Choose a recurring scheduled time for automatic backup.
- Option to select which conversations to backup or restore.
- View and drill down on your local and cloud backups.
- Find backups. – Restore / transfer backup to another phone. The backup format is independent of the Android version, so messages and logs can be easily transferred from one phone to another regardless of the version.
- Fast transfer between 2 phones via direct WiFi.
- Free up space on your phone. Delete all SMS messages or call logs on the phone.
- Send a mail to a backup file.
- The XML rear copy can be seen on a computer via the online viewer at https://synctech.com.au/View-backup/
- Tested on Android 5.0 and Superior
- The application restores only backup copies made by this application
- The backup is created locally on the phone by default, but has options to be loaded on Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or E -Mail. At no time are the files sent to the developer.
- Make sure there is a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing a factory reset on the phone.
This app needs access to the following:
- Your messages: backup and restore messages. Receive the SMS permission needed to handle received messages correctly while the app is the default messaging app.
- Your calls and contact information: backup and restore call logs.
- Storage: to create the backup file in the SD card.
- Network & Communication View: Allows app to connect to Wi-Fi for backup
- Your social information: to view and store contact names in the backup file.
- Run at startup: start scheduled backups.
- Prevent phone from going to sleep mode: To prevent the phone from going to sleep / wake mode while a backup or restore operation is in progress.
- Protected memory access test: to create the backup file in the SD card.
- Account information: to authenticate with Google Drive and Gmail for cloud uploads.
- Location – Only required and used during WiFi direct transfer due to a security requirement in Android.
How to download SMS Backup & Restore?
Open your browser, type SMS Backup & Restore app apk download apkflame on your browser, and download the APK file.
Click on the download option and download the apk.
After downloading, find the apk in the file manager and click on install.
After installation sign up and you’re good to go.